REHIS Crime Investigation and Statement Writing Course
The course will be delivered virtually over two morning sessions and will be of relevance to staff of all Specialist Reporting Agencies and Regulatory Services who have responsibility for investigating and reporting crimes to the COPFS.
Participants in this course will benefit from the experience of Mrs Betty Bott. Formerly a Senior Procurator Fiscal, Mrs Bott worked for over 30 years in the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service. She was later the Director of Legal & Professional Development at the Law School of the University of Dundee and has over 20 years’ experience teaching this subject to non-legal professionals.
- Understand the essential procedures involved in investigation and reporting crimes to the COPFS
- Learn how to identify the relevant crime particularly in relation to statutory crime
- Learn how to identify the correct accused – particularly in relation to Corporate Bodies
- Learn how to assess sufficiency of Evidence
- Understand the requirements of ‘Disclosure’ and ‘Revelation’
- Understand your responsibilities in relation to ‘Caution/ Caution and Charge’ and the relevance of the “Cadder” decision
- Learn how to identify procedural issues in relation to the service of statutory notices
- Understand the necessity for good management of Productions
- Understand interview techniques and the taking/writing of statements
9.00am - 1.00pm Tuesday 8 June 2021 AND Wednesday 9 June 2021
More details to follow soon but as this course is often oversubscribed, expressions of interest can be e mailed to email@example.com