Brownfield Land Scotland 2021
Environment Analyst's Brownfield Intelligence Network conference Brownfield Land Scotland is returning and will be taking place virtually on 2-3 February 2021. This event will once again bring you practical solutions specific to the management of brownfield and contaminated land in Scotland in a series of 15 presentations, Q&A discussions, virtual networking and interactive roundtable sessions.
If you are involved in the development of brownfield and contaminated land in Scotland this event is one not to miss.
Key topics to be discussed include:
- Optimising the role of brownfield in meeting Scotland’s housing targets within changing planning and green frameworks
- Working towards a circular economy approach to reusing soil and waste materials
- Spotlight on innovative remediation solutions
- Ensuring environmental protection & governance in Scotland post-brexit
- Improving the quality of site data & optimising its use in developing conceptual site models
- Exploring the benefits of abandoned coal mines in delivering sustainable urban developments
- Updated good practice guidance on mine gas risk assessment
Confirmed speakers include: Shona Glenn (Scottish Land Commission); Craig McLaren (Royal Town Planning Institute); Deryck Irving (Green Action Trust); Steve Wilson (The Environmental Protection Group Ltd); Paul Nathanail (GHD); Prof Colin T. Reid (University of Dundee); Dr Tom Henman (RSK); Will Fardon (i2 Analytical); Jeremy Crooks (The Coal Authority); Jon Aumonier (The Coal Authority); Kate Bassett (Groundsure).